Duffy King's New Record - "Acoustically Speaking"
FEATURED IN JAZZIZ MAGAZINE'S -WINTER EDITION -ON SAMPLER CD!!!
Getting GREAT REVIEWS, Featured in JAZZIZ MAGAZINE, And- BEING PLAYED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY;
"Danza Del Sol" song on the FEATURED Sampler Disc included in this issue of JAZZIZ MAGAZINE.
And I'm playing Percussion On iT!
"Danza del Sol" by Duffy King;
[Duffy- Nylon String Guitars; Felix Sainz - Double Bass; Rob Emanuel - Drums; Perry Senn- Percussion]
I've only known of Duffy King since about 2013. I was working with a steady band and when we'd play in clubs north of Phoenix - We'd see Duffy come by and sit in with us once in a while.
But, I enjoyed every time he sat in -he crushed it.. Not only can the man play acoustic guitars as is evidenced on his album, but he plays electric guitar like a beast, and SINGS his butt off.
- Duffy even tapped me for the drum chair in an "All-Star" group he packaged it as-(cause the four of us in that band were from other well-known, highly visible bands around Phoenix). Duffy- was working with the "Crown Kings";
- Perry Senn -(yours truly) at that time, holding the drum chair with the "Ryan Sims Band" (formerly Easton Ashe);
- Guy Kolpitz-Our second guitarist, is still lead guitar of "Mogollon";
- Joe Bass (Yes that's the man's name), also from Detroit-a long-time musical associate of Duffy, (being from same hometown and all)- was also playing around Phoenix -hired by many that knew of his bass playing prowess.
Duffy and I became fast friends for the couple years he lived in Phoenix, before He and his wife moved back to his hometown, Detroit where he grew up.
So, we're hanging out and Duffy says something like; I've got this "Acoustic" record that I've written and been recording- I've already added some drums and bass -so- it's mostly finished, he says; "BUT, I THink I'm 'Hearing' some percussion in it too".
*So when he asked me to come up and play some on his record, I agreed without a second thought. Cause whatever that man does is musical and fun... imagine that!
I've played percussion on a lot of studio dates; so I just brought along some things that I figured would do; As far as the flavor of the grooves and textures.. He wanted an "Acoustic Feel" and Sound to this particular record- and I think we accomplished that for this project. Of course it was another fun day hitting things, and hanging with Duffy and his huge dog in his studio space.
Enter your text here...
- There are whispers in the breeze, that he may be booking an upcoming show at the MIM (Musical Instrument Museum) in the future - supporting this record.
- The copy of JAZZIZ Magazine is reported to be at the 2017 NAMM Show in Anaheim this January.
- So look for it in the FREE Magazine racks (Of all the MAJOR publications like Guitar Player; Modern Drummer, etc); that they offer in the show. (Usually around by the registration area and/or lower levels of the NAMM Convention Center Hall).
Thanks for reading - (pick up JAZZIZ magazine free at NAMM if you're there)
Blessings, and Keep Groovin'